I’ve enjoyed the chance to kick it up a notch while writing for audiences in the digital marketing space. I’ve covered topics surrounding SEO, social media, audience, and online best practices.
- Post This There! Here’s How To Tailor Your Social Strategy For Every Platform
- Chew Over Snackable Content As Part Of Your Social Strategy
- The Number One Question Marketers Need To Be Asking About Content
Entertainment writing in the social media age calls for creative headlines and thoughtful story progression. From North Korea to Kim Kardashian, I’ve learned plenty and had fun producing these kinds of stories.
- Skip These Five Beers—They Aren’t As Good As They Might Sound
- Cops Gone Wild: Police Who Got Caught In Crazy Sex Scandals
- Meet Samantha, A Sex Doll Who’s Programmed For Love
- Tiffany Is Not The “Forgotten Trump” And Here’s Why
- Why You Should Skip Pajamas And Sleep Naked
Health & Wellness
I am not a doctor, so when it comes to health and medicine writing, I triple-check my facts and make heavy use of cited sources. These stories are more challenging than the rest, as they often require heavy reading through medical journals, scientific studies, and other literature.
- Germs Aren’t Always Evil—They Can Actually Help Your Kids Grow Healthier
- When To Start Worrying About Mild Forgetfulness And Lapses In Memory
Local And National News
A large part of my work in news and digital publishing consisted of content strategy. Our audience came to our site for unique, local information, and 10% of our monthly traffic came from owned media assets that I researched and authored.
Over three years, I produced at both statewide and national levels, covering news, history, entertainment, and lifestyles. The highest performing pieces brought in millions of pageviews, reaching hundreds of thousands of readers over the years.
- 20 famous people who attended Illinois State University
- Rumors, hauntings, and headlines: 10 urban legends of McLean County
- 30 major U.S. areas with the highest murder rates
- 20 Bloomington–Normal places of the past
- 10 Bloomington–Normal food facts you should know
Some publishers and identifying details have been redacted for privacy.